The Mission of the Somerset County Tourism Council is "to provide guidance and support to Somerset County Tourism Staff on strategies that draw both visitors and residents to Somerset County attractions, and ultimately sustain economic growth."
Members of this group are provided with regular opportunities to discuss their challenges, market their business, network, and learn about current industry trends.
Tourism members of the Somerset County Business Partnership receive the following added member benefits:
- Access to the most extensive network of tourism professionals and research in Somerset County
- Bi-monthly Tourism Council Meetings
- Exclusive referrals, leads and advertising opportunities
- Featured listing on VisitSomersetNJ.org, SCBP.org, and in countywide Destination Guide and Map
- Reduced pricing on networking and educational events
- Ability to display literature in newly renovated state visitor information center
- Regular promotion via social media platforms and Weekend Top 10 e-newsletter
This group's Vision is "to make Somerset County Tourism a more competitive Destination Marketing Organization through strategic promotion of Somerset County as a destination, ultimately attracting a greater number of revenue-generating visitors to the area."
2016 Somerset County Tourism Council Executive Board
Frank Fricano, Director of Operations, Bridgewater Marriott
Beth Anne MacDonald, Executive Director, Downtown Somerville Alliance
Kathleen Palmer, Owner, Studio 7 Fine Art Gallery
Andrea Testa, Director of Sales, Merri-Makers Caterers
Nora Wagner, Director of Programs, Duke Farms
The Tourism Council meets bi-monthly at the Somerset County Business Partnership offices (360 Grove Street, Bridgewater NJ), typically on Tuesday afternoons at 4pm. View the Tourism Calendar or view a list of our meeting dates below.
January 19, 4pm / 5:30pm: Tourism Council Meeting & Post-Holiday Mixer at Bridgewater Marriott
March 8, 4pm: Tourism Council Meeting at Somerset County Business Partnership
May 10, 4pm: Tourism Council Meeting at Somerset County Business Partnership
July 12, 4pm: Tourism Council Meeting at Somerset County Business Partnership
September 13, 4pm: Tourism Council Meeting at Somerset County Business Partnership
September 30, 11am: Salute to Tourism Awards & Fifth Friday Friars Luncheon (Location TBD)
November 2016 Meeting TBD