The Mission of the Somerset County Tourism Council is "to provide guidance and support to Somerset County Tourism Staff on strategies that draw both visitors and residents to Somerset County attractions, and ultimately sustain economic growth."
Members of this group are provided with regular opportunities to discuss their challenges, market their business, network, and learn about current industry trends.
Tourism members of the Somerset County Business Partnership receive the following added member benefits:
- Access to the most extensive network of tourism professionals and research in Somerset County
- Bi-monthly Tourism Council Meetings
- Exclusive referrals, leads and advertising opportunities
- Featured listing on VisitSomersetNJ.org, SCBP.org, and in countywide Destination Guide and Map
- Member pricing on networking and educational events, including Salute to Tourism Awards
- Ability to display literature in newly renovated state visitor information center
- Regular promotion via social media platforms and Weekend Top 10 e-newsletter
This group's Vision is "to make Somerset County Tourism a more competitive Destination Marketing Organization through strategic promotion of Somerset County as a destination, ultimately attracting a greater number of revenue-generating visitors to the area."
2017-2018 Somerset County Tourism Council Executive Board
Kim Gianetti, USGA Museum
Beth Anne MacDonald, Downtown Somerville Alliance
Kathleen Palmer, Studio 7 Fine Art Gallery
Michelle Satanik, Hotel Somerset Bridgewater
Andrea Testa, The Bernards Inn
Nora Wagner, Duke Farms
The Tourism Council meets bi-monthly at the Somerset County Business Partnership offices (360 Grove Street, Bridgewater NJ), on Tuesday afternoons at 4pm. View the Tourism Calendar or view a list of our meeting dates below.
January 10, 4pm: Council Meeting
Post-Holiday Mixer: January 24, 5-7pm, Maggiano's Bridgewater
March 21, 4pm: Council Meeting
May 9, 4pm: Council Meeting
July 18, 4pm: Council Meeting
September 19, 4pm: Council Meeting
September 29, 11:30am: 5th Annual Salute to Tourism Awards, The Bernards Inn
November 14, 4pm: Council Meeting